How to Create a Table of Content using Microsoft Word
Creating a Table of Content can sometimes prove to be a very tough task. Remember those days we would manually scan through all pages of a document and then try to capture titles and page numbers and then go on to create a separate page with all these titles . This can be a nightmare! This does not have to be so. To automatically create a Table of Content in Microsoft word, the following steps are very essential:
- Obtain the Document and make sure it has page numbers in place
- Use the default heading styles or create different styles for different heading levels i.e 1.0, 1.1.1, 220.127.116.11 etc.
- Apply the heading styles appropriately
- Insert the table of content in the blank page you have reserved using the default heading styles in word or the custom styles you created
- You can update your table of contents once you make any changes to your content.
Congratulations you are all done! Watch the videos and try out this exercise. Leave a comment and fill the feedback form to get further information on our Microsoft Word training, Microsoft Excel training and more.
Found this Useful?