Technical SEO and Content SEO
In today’s digital world, SEO appeals to businesses because increasing your brand’s positioning, reach, and visibility in Google Search often leads to significant growth and marketing success. It should come as no surprise that there is a lot of confusion surrounding different aspects of SEO and their definitions such as technical seo and content seo. In this article, we would be exploring the importance and differences between Technical SEO and Content SEO.
What is Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization targets unpaid traffic rather than paid traffic.Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is simply the process of improving the quantity and quality of traffic that your website or webpage gets.
TYPES OF SEO
Just like almost everything in the world, Search Engine Optimization has different types that involve different processes. It is important to note that although the processes might be different, they all have the same goal, which is to optimize a website for greater visibility in search engines, and higher rankings in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). To read more on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), click here. The various types of SEO are:
- Technical SEO
- Content SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Mobile SEO
- Local SEO
- eCommerce SEO
We will be discussing Technical SEO and Content SEO.
WHAT IS TECHNICAL SEO?
According to Backlinko, technical SEO is the process of ensuring that a website meets the technical requirements of modern search engines with the goal of improved organic rankings. According to Yoast, making a website faster, easier to crawl, and more understandable for search engines are the pillars of technical optimization.
Most persons tend to focus on the content aspect but if the infrastructure is already poor for SEO, there will be nothing solid for SEO content to rely on.
WHAT IS CONTENT SEO?
According to Reliablesoft, Content SEO is about creating and optimizing your content so that it can potentially rank high in search engines and attract search engine traffic. The basic idea behind content Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is publishing great content that users love and search engines can understand. It is important to note that; content that is robust, unique, and relevant to the intent of the keyword search will likely rank higher than “thin” content that is of lower quality and does not satisfy searcher intent, or content that simply restates what is already easily found elsewhere on the internet without adding any unique or useful information.
HOW DOES TECHNICAL SEO WORK?
Technical SEO is a necessity, not an option, for anyone who wants his website to rank highly. All the technical aspects of websites that affect SEO from site speed, hosting, XML sitemaps, and meta robots tag are covered by Technical SEO. Technical SEO is important because it helps search engines to understand your website. When a search engine can index, crawl, and render your web pages correctly, it increases your chance of ranking in search results. There are three elements of a good technical SEO, and they are crawlability, indexation, and performance.
HOW DOES CONTENT SEO WORK?
While technical SEO is focused on the technical aspect of optimization to make a website rank higher, content SEO is focused on creating content that will help your web pages or website to rank higher on search engines. Content SEO includes writing and structuring content on your website. Just like Technical SEO, there are three major elements to consider while producing content that will help your website rank well, and they are, site-structure, keyword strategy, and copywriting.
BENEFITS OF TECHNICAL SEO
Technical SEO is a very important type of SEO, its importance cannot be overstated. Even with quality content, you can’t rank without adopting technical factors into the optimization strategy. Every digital marketer trying to boost the ranking of their website on the Search Engine Results Pages need to pay attention to Technical SEO, due to the following reasons;
- It improves page speed: In this age, everyone expects a website to load in three seconds, anything more than that can increase your bounce rate which will be counter-productive for your website optimization. Page speed is indeed one of the most important factors for Google. In addition, technical SEO will also ensure that the website is mobile-friendly.
- It helps increase prominence; Technical SEO also helps to link multiple pages within a web page, and this helps to increase its popularity. A website should be updated regularly for search engine crawling, this will boost or enhance the page’s ranking and win people’s trust.
- It can also be used to prevent crawling; one can prefer to have a part of one’s website not be crawled, with technical SEO, you can avoid causing unwanted content in search results. By using a special meta-tag for robots, you can exclude a page from search engines.
BENEFITS OF CONTENT SEO
High-quality SEO articles are a huge asset to your strategy. Writing and publishing high-quality SEO content is worth your effort as content SEO can add immense value to your website. Here are some benefits that content SEO can add to your website;
- It brings traffic to your website: Content SEO is directly involved in bringing traffic to your website. Great SEO content can also earn you backlinks from authoritative websites and industry professionals. Backlinks from popular domains are particularly helpful and can lead to a surge of traffic from time to time.
- It helps you to build your brand authority: Writing and publishing authoritative content can help you build your brand reputation as a professional or expert in a field. Blog posts that answer popular customer questions are seen as a trustworthy source of knowledge.
- It also helps you to build brand awareness: it only makes sense that as you increase your website traffic and build brand authority, there will be a lot of opportunities for new audiences to find you and for you to generate new leads. By publishing highly informative content, you increase the likelihood that Google will place the site before new audiences who are interested in your content.
Differences between Technical SEO and Content SEO
Technical SEO focuses on all the elements of your website that search engines like Google look at to help work out the importance and quality of your site. Content Marketing SEO, on the other hand, focuses more on a call-and-response level i.e. creating content that answers the queries that your target audience is searching for and/or creating content that provides value for your audience and is interested in.You want to ensure that your website meets the technical requirements of search engines, especially Google, to improve organic rankings while Content SEO or SEO content is online content written and designed to rank on search engines.
Although the title of this article suggests that technical SEO and content SEO are rivals, it is important to note that it is best if both are adopted together, not one should be used alone. Just like the popular quote that says “no one is an Island”, in the same manner, no SEO type is an island. All types of SEO should be combined to bring out the best result.
Found this Useful?